More details at Susan's Author website
- I write every day
- I commit to writing 1500 words a day
- I set aside a specific time to write; for me, it is early morning
- I do not check or answer emails during writing time
- All social media is turned off
- I divide my day into three. Writing, Book Business, includes marketing and Education, webinars course and social media etc
I am lucky as my family are grown and I no longer have a day job, my day job is writing. It is easy for me to balance my day. If you have a family and job to balance with your writing you can still apply the above points but scale them down.
- If you can't find time every day, try writing three times a week or perhaps Sunday is the only day you have time for writing and that's okay but be consistent
- Set your word count to 500 words instead of 1500 whatever you can manage comfortably
- Find a quiet time, an hour, half an hour a day or a weekend and designate it as your writing time.
- Switch off, emails and phones, home or mobile, (putting your mobile on vibrate doesn't count) leave it in another room.
- No social media
- When you are starting out writing is your most important task. Taking part in webinars and doing course will help but not essential and don't worry about the business side just yet.
- As a beginner, your task is to write and get into the habit of writing regularly and consistently.